Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Butterfly Art~ Symmetrical Art

So this was an off the top of my head activity! If we do it again, I will call it Symmetrical Art, not Butterfly Art!
While I was gathering supplies and preparing to start, I did discuss symmetry. I also discussed butterfly wings, and how they look.

To do this, simply fold a piece of paper in half. Paint on one side of the paper. We first drew pencil sketches of butterflies. Paint quickly and use plenty of paint. I would suggest doing an area for older children. Who want to add details, and take their time. Then when you have that side the way you want it, simply fold the paper over on top of the painted side and PAT down. Do not rub, unless you want a blended look. Then open the paper decide if you need to re-paint an area for more color. If everything turned out as desired, simply move to another area.
Next time we will all decide of our own symmetrical shapes and try them out!!
Here's to a FuNNeR TiMe!


No comments:

Post a Comment